Certified Education Technology Leader (CETL)
- At a statewide educational technology conference for teachers back in November 2012, a group of educational technology directors met and discussed the idea that the technology directors in the state needed to develop a long term strategic professional development plan/program for the current and upcoming school, district, regional and state technology directors/leaders. This discussion continued for the next year, meeting with the Utah Technology Coordinators Council (TCC) (this is the technology directors statewide committee) several times during the year and several in depth discussions on what was the right direction to take for this PD.
- After looking at the CoSN CETL framework and CETL program in general it was decided to push forward this program (it was exactly what the TCC was looking for to help move educational technology forward in the state).
- We developed a plan with specific CETL outcomes and the state board provided provided us $25,000 to get the program off the ground. The first two years were 100% funded by this grant.
- By fall of 2014, Utah had started their first cohort of 20+ technology leaders and by the fall of 2015 had close to 20 CETLs in the state. We currently have 41 CETLs with several other leaders planning to take the exam soon.
- To keep the cost down, CETLs volunteer to teach/facilitate the class each year. CETLs in Utah are willing to take their turn to facilitate this each year.
CoSN CETL Training Cohort:
- Current 2018 State CETL Cohort finishes in Oct 2018 (14 students in the class)
- The 2019 State CETL Cohort will start Jan./Feb. 2019 (only a few seats are currently available, total cost is $558 per person, LEAs are invoiced $250 per student as CoSN Chapter covers $308).
- Facilitators for 2019 CETL are Tony Campbell (lead), Paul Lewis, Jason Eyre, Sarah Young, Jim Stewart, Kevin Chapman, Whitney Phillips, Greg Cox and David Sallay.
For more information contact:
Cory Stokes, CoSN Chapter CETL Coordinator - email@example.com
List of CETLs in Utah
|1||James Black||Washington District|
|2||Aaron Brewer||San Juan District|
|4||Antonio Campbell||Washington District|
|6||Kevin Chapman||Millard District|
|7||Camille Cole||Canyons District|
|11||Darren Draper||Canyons District|
|12||Kelly Dumont||Canyons District|
|13||Guy Durrant||Daggett District|
|14||Jason Eyre||Murray District|
|16||Alan Gibbons||Cache District|
|17||Dean Glanville||Canyons District|
|18||Robert Gordon||Canyons District|
|20||Dan Johnson||Grand District|
|21||Dani Kauerz Sloan||UETN|
|22||Jim Langston||Tooele District|
|23||Chris Larsen||Granite District|
|24||J. Derek Larson||Washington District|
|25||Paul Lewis||Alpine District|
|26||David Long||Logan City District|
|27||Scot McCombs||Canyons District|
|31||Sam Quantz||Salt Lake District|
|33||Charles Roberts||Washington District|
|34||Tim Smith||Cache District|
|35||Mark Sowa||Jordan District|
|36||Cody Spendlove||Alpine District|