Certified Education Technology Leader (CETL)
The CETL Candidate Handbook has complete program details, policies, and an outline of what is covered on the exam.
For more information contact:
List of CETLs in Utah
|1||James Black||Washington District|
|2||David Bowman||Jordan District|
|3||Aaron Brewer||San Juan District|
|4||David Brown||San Juan District|
|5||Reese Brunson||Nebo District|
|8||Antonio Campbell||Washington District|
|10||Kevin Chapman||Millard District|
|11||Camille Cole||Canyons District|
|15||Darren Draper||Canyons District|
|16||Kelly Dumont||Canyons District|
|19||Jason Eyre||Murray District|
|21||Jason Eyre||Murray District|
|23||Alan Gibbons||Cache District|
|24||Dean Glanville||Canyons District|
|25||Robert Gordon||Canyons District|
|27||Dan Johnson||Grand District|
|29||Dani Kauerz Sloan||UETN|
|30||Jim Langston||Tooele District|
|31||Chris Larsen||Granite District|
|32||J. Derek Larson||Washington District|
|33||Paul Lewis||Alpine District|
|34||Tyler Lewis||Washington District|
|35||David Long||Logan City District|
|36||Scot McCombs||Canyons District|
|37||Craig Milligan||Washington District|
|39||Nadean Neilson||South Sanpete District|
|40||Andrea Peterson||Wayne District|
|42||Cody Plumhof||Washington District|
|44||Sam Quantz||Salt Lake District|
|48||Tim Smith||Cache District|
|49||Mark Sowa||Jordan District|
|50||Cody Spendlove||Alpine District|
|52||James Stocks||Grand County District|
|55||Jeanette Stubbs||Iron County District|
|56||Chet Torgersen||Sevier District|
|57||Tav Truman||Washington District|
|59||Kevin Womack||Cache District|
- At a statewide educational technology conference for teachers back in November 2012, a group of educational technology directors met and discussed the idea that the technology directors in the state needed to develop a long term strategic professional development plan/program for the current and upcoming school, district, regional and state technology directors/leaders. This discussion continued for the next year, meeting with the Utah Technology Coordinators Council (TCC) (this is the technology directors statewide committee) several times during the year and several in depth discussions on what was the right direction to take for this PD.
- After looking at the CoSN CETL framework and CETL program in general it was decided to push forward this program (it was exactly what the TCC was looking for to help move educational technology forward in the state).
- We developed a plan with specific CETL outcomes and the state board provided provided us $25,000 to get the program off the ground. The first two years were 100% funded by this grant.
- By fall of 2014, Utah had started their first cohort of 20+ technology leaders and by the fall of 2015 had close to 20 CETLs in the state. We currently have 61 CETLs with several other leaders planning to take the exam soon.
- To keep the cost down, CETLs volunteer to teach/facilitate the class each year. CETLs in Utah are willing to take their turn to facilitate this each year.